A Culinary Philosophy
Fresh locally sourced food made from scratch including fresh meats that are prepared in house, with organic greens and vegetables. We do most of our baking including some of our breads and make our desserts from scratch. Regional dishes like the Hot Brown round out the menu.
The cafe is a wonderfully intimate place for a casual lunch or romantic dinner. Private dining is also available for that special occasion. We welcome inquiries about special gatherings.
~ MENU ~
“A restaurant where you can actually have a conversation”
157 East Main Street
New Albany, IN 47150
(across the river from Louisville, KY
on the corner of Bank and Main streets
across from Theatre Works)
Hours of Operation
Cafe 157 is Temporarily Closed
due to COVID-19
Tailored to Your Tastes
The Best Ingredients
Opened the gallery, Chestnuts and Pearls, inside our previous business, the Old Bridge Inn Bed and Breakfast in 2013. Relocated to New Albany In 2016 and opened the cafe inside the gallery in May 2016. We represent all local artists, some nationally renown, some just embarking on a career and some in between!
The food, which is also regional, is the vehicle to support the gallery. As the owner, I can honestly say that I am blessed to know how to cook as my grandmothers taught me the skill and recipes that are a deep part of my heritage. I have been cooking for 60 years. This gallery and cafe are a true reflection of what is great about living in Kentuckiana!
We welcome you to our Gallery Cafe which is an extension of our home and our hospitality!
“Creativity takes courage” . . . Henri Matisse
- Restaurant/art gallery brings new flavor to downtown New Albany – Southern Indiana Living, July/August 2018
- Cafe 157 offers quaint, fresh lunch and breakfast spot in New Albany – Insider Louisville, December 21, 2017
- Cafe 157 chef: ‘Be fearless’ in the kitchen – Courier Journal, May 9, 2017
- Cafe 157 serves homemade meals in an artsy setting – News and Tribune, January 16, 2017
- 10 New Restaurants in and around Louisville to add to your restaurant bucket list – Insider Louisville, January 14, 2017
You may call, email, or stop in for inquiries. Email is the preferred contact method.
Phone: +1 (502) 548-9114
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Saturday: 9:00am – 2:00pm (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
- Sunday: 10:30am – 2:00pm (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
- Dinners may resume in the Spring of 2020 for fundraisers and events/private events. Please contact us for more information, availability and a quote.
Schedule: please Like and Follow us on Facebook for updated hours.